10 Criteria to help you to select the correct condensing unit for your store
Investing in the correct condensing unit for your store is a difficult decision to make without a reasonable degree of technical knowledge. Here are ten critical questions to ask your suppliers the next time you are evaluating equipment suppliers.
- What Is The Brand Name Of The Product?– Make sure you buy a known and respected brand name.
- Does The Equipment Have Accreditation? – Is the condensing unit ASERCOM certified.
- Is The Equipment Repairable? – Make sure your compressor is serviceable. Many refrigeration compressors are sealed/welded hermetic and you have to throw them away when they break.
- Are Genuine Spare Parts Readily Available Locally? Some suppliers are merely import agents, ensure that you can get spare parts easily and quickly.
- Is Local 24hr Technical Support Available?– Ensure that you have local support so that in an emergency you can get your problem solved quickly.
- What Is The Energy Efficiency Level?– Ask for the ERP rating and ensure that the equipment is up to the latest energy saving standards.
- Is The Equipment HFO Compatible?– Ask about the equipment emission levels and whether it can run on a low global warming refrigerant that is friendly to the environment.
- Can The Equipment Be Remotely Accessed By A Technician? – This allows you to first request off-site diagnostics before investing in the cost of getting a technician sent to site.
- Is The Equipment Allow For Remote Trouble Shooting? – New equipment should give you alerts and warnings and allow for remote trouble shooting.
- Have You Tested The Equipment’s Noise Factor? – Check how quietly the condensing unit runs, and make sure that the equipment that you finally select is quiet enough not to effect the neighbours or your customers.