We can’t all be experts in every field. Here Rudy van Driel, Cape Town Branch Manager for Bitzer South Africa, lists 10 critical check-points to follow during installation.
- Ensure that the equipment selected is suitable or the application
- Check that the installer you are using is qualified to do the job
- Purge dry nitrogen through the pipes when welding.
- Pull a decent vacuum before charging.
- Make sure all pipe-work is properly secured at regular intervals.
- Check that there is sufficient ventilation for the condenser.
- Make sure that the refrigerant charge is correct (under and over charging will affect system efficiency)
- Check oil level and monitor after compressor has run for a while.
- Check compressor running amps and adjust overloads accordingly.
- Check and adjust the super-heat if necessary.